Kerleen Alexander is the first to admit that for a long as she can remember she had a “love affair” with soap.
You are here
Chatoor, Santana still Subway Open Water champions
Pre-race favourites, Graham Chatoor of Marlins Swim Club and Chisara Santana of Tidal Wave Aquatics both repeated as 5,000m champions when the 2017 Subway Maracas Open Water Classic came off at Maracas Bay on Sunday.
Coming up against 11 other challengers in the Men’s Open, the 17-year-old Chatoor completed the course in one hour, ten minutes and ten seconds to take the overall winners’ prize, just ahead of Atlantis Aquatics’ Malik Nelson who ended in one hour, ten minutes and 28 seconds while Tidal Wave Aquatics’ Gabriel Bynoe took third in one hour, 12 minutes and 28 seconds.
The pair of Marlins’ Brandon Coombs (1:13.28 hrs) and Tidal Wave’s William Reyes (1:13.29 hrs) completed the top five.
In the Women’s 5,000 Women’s Open, 16-year-old Santana was seventh overall, but first among the women in one hour, 15.52 minutes, the same time giving to club-mate Shania David as the duo crossed the line in a blanket finish.
Shania’s sister and fellow club member Sabrina was third in one hour, 20.05 minutes while Brianna Patterson of Tidal Wave (1:20.55 hrs) and Dominique Nurse-Allen of Marlins (1:25.00 hrs) were fourth and fifth respectively.
2017 Subway Maracas Open Water Classic results
1.Graham Chatoor (Marlins) - 1:10:10 hrs
2.Malik Nelson (Atlantis Aquatics) - 1:10:28 hrs
3.Gabriel Bynoe (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 1:12:28 hrs
4. Brandon Coombs (Marlins) - 1:13.28 hrs
5. William Reyes (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 1:13.29 hrs
1.Chisara Santana (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 1:15:52 hrs
2.Shania David (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 1:15:52 hrs
3.Sabrina David (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 1:20:05 hrs
4. Brianna Patterson (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 1:20.55 hrs
5. Dominique Nurse-Allen (Marlins) - 1:25.00 hrs
1. Josiah Parag (Blue Dolphins) - 40:54 mins
2.Kael Yorke (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 41:00 mins
3.Nikoli Blackman (Marlins) - 41:02 mins
4. John Littlepage (T&T Aquatics) - 42.38 mins
5. Marquise Nelson ( Atlantis Aquatics) - 42.56 mins
1.Courtney Lawrence (Marlins) - 46:07 mins
2.Jada Chai (Atlantis Aquatics) - 48:00 mins
3.Gabriella Acosta (Tsunami Swim Club) - 48:20 mins
4. Raven Renee Toney (Marlins) - 49.24 mins
5. Kami Morean (Tsunami Swim Club) - 50.26 mins
Girls 12 & Under
1. Zoe Anthony (Marlins) - 14:43 mins
2. Savannah Chee-Wah (Marlins) - 15:16 mins
3. Neishelah Caseman (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 15:27 mins
4. Gabrielle Vickles (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 15.29 mins
5. Amelia Rajack (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 16.43 mins
Girls 13 & Over
1.Ileana Bocage (Flying Fish) - 17:38 mins
2.Kirsten St Omer (SJC Triathlon Club) - 17:38 mins
3.Aliyah Williams (un attached) - 17.45 mins
4. Brianna Bocage (Flying Fish) - 19.16 mins
5. Noa Shepherd (Aerios Aquatics) - 19.19 mins
Boys 12 & Under
1.Zachary Anthony (Marlins) - 16:03 mins
2.Liam Carrington (Atlantis Aquatics) - 16:21 mins
3.Giovanni Rivas (Team Rivas) - 16:27 mins
4. Sheni St Hillaire (Pt Aqua Darts) - 16.56 mins
5. Dante Pichery (Marlins) - 17.08 mins
Boys 13 & Over
1.Sheni St Hillaire (Pt Aqua Darts) - 12:03 mins
2.Derell Augustine (Pt Aqua Darts) - 15:17 mins
3.Jonathan Constantine (Silver Sharks) - 15:18 mins
4. Logan Raymond (Slipstream Multisport) - 15.26 mins
5. Keishawn Daniel (Pt Aqua Darts) - 15.40 mins
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff.
Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User profiles registered through fake social media accounts may be deleted without notice.