You are here

News

Former National Security Minister Gary Griffith has sent a pre-action protocol letter to Bliss Seepersad, the new chair of the Police Service Commission (PSC), arguing that the PSC under former chairman Maria Gomes was in breach of several legal notices used in the process to select Deodat Dulalchan as Commissioner of Police.

He is arguing that...

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Independent senator Rolph Balgobin says murders are being committed as if it is a sport in T&T. He made the statement while contributing to yesterday’s Senate debate on the Firearms Amendment Bill. “Murder has come to be almost like a sport, where people hunt people,” he added.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cabinet will decide on the future of the Special Anti-Crime Unit (Sautt), after review of a report on the unit which was received last month, National Security Minister John Sandy has said.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Opposition Leader Keith Rowley will respond in the House of Representatives today on recent  “misconduct” allegations made against him by PP MPs Anil Roberts and Tim Gopeesingh.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Trinidadian couple appeared in the Scarborough Magistrates’ Court yesterday charged with possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Controversy over the $2 million first prize and uncertainty over Government funding has placed a dark cloud over the hosting of two of the premier Carnival events for 2011— the Chutney Soca and Soca Monarch competitions.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Twin brothers, 16-year-old Guyanese nationals Ryan and Rickie Lall, were inseparable. As fate would have it they both drowned, along with their friend, Trinidadian Mahindra Deonarine, at Mayaro on Sunday.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Social worker and former People’s Partnership activist, Verna St Rose-Greaves has broken her silence on moves by the Government to amend the Constitution to allow for the resumption of hangings in T&T.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

A man who was injured during the fatal shooting of his friend Kelon “Ratty” Reece in Fyzabad on Monday has been discharged from the San Fernando General Hospital.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

A La Brea resident, accused of raping and buggering an 11-year-old schoolgirl nine years ago, was acquitted of both charges yesterday. Samuel “Sammy” Stuart, 36, walked out of the San Fernando Supreme Court a free man.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Princes Town hunter Mustack Ali yesterday was ordered to pay $5,000 for possession of an illegal gun.

Pages