Hot off a resounding success and over ten championship trophies at the recently concluded T&T Music Festival, The Lydians head to the majestic setting of The Abbey of Our Lady of Exile at...
You are here
A danger on Wrightson Rd
I would like to ask the management of National Flour Mills to review the situation with regard to their delivery entrance which is just before the St Christopher’s Gas Station on Wrightson Road in Port-of-Spain.
Earlier this year, I was involved in what I can only call a standstill accident.
The short version is that one of the contractors’ trucks was in the entrance of the gas station apparently attempting to do a wide turn into the contractors’ entrance and came into contact with my vehicle which was on the left of the truck. Suffice it to say, it was not a happy experience, but that’s a story for another day.
As I generally visit this gas station at least twice per week, as such I have been able to see what transpires when these large trucks enter the gas station:
1. there is no signage to indicate that large trucks are turning there;
2. the sign that says it is the contractors’ entrance faces west so no one on Wrightson Road heading west would see it before they turn into the gas station;
3. there is no safety signage on the ground, eg yellow and black stripes to indicate that one should proceed with caution;
4. the trucks reverse out the gas station almost onto the road to turn into the Flour Mills entrance;
5. some of them park on the pavement in front of the gas station so vehicles attempting to exit the gas station back onto Wrightson Road cannot see oncoming traffic.
I hope that someone in authority can review this dangerous situation.
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff.
Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User profiles registered through fake social media accounts may be deleted without notice.