Pan Trinbago judges were busy on Monday night as they continued panyard judging of small, medium and large bands across the country for bands vying for a place in semi-finals.
You are here
Come Together Before It’s Too Late
I welcome the news that our Prime Minister and the leader of the Opposition have decided to meet to discuss matters relating to our country. I can see no better way forward when you take into consideration the present state of our economy brought on by the present recession and the drop in oil prices. This is no time to play politics, we are having some serious issues in our country and we all need to come together and act before it is too late.
Some suggestions for things that I believe that should be discussed are as follows.
• The matter relating to Marcia Ayers-Caesar;
• The crime situation with emphasis on the murders and robberies: a way forward to bring about a resolution;
• The slow but noticeable increase in unemployment and steps that can be taken to stop this from getting any worse;
• Entry of guns into this country: how to put a stop to this trade;
• Handling the Venezuela issue and the possibility of refugees coming to T&T and how that should be dealt with;
• The increase of poverty in T&T and steps that can be taken to assist all in this predicament;
• Ways and means to make diversification a reality in T&T;
• What can be done to stop the continual cost of living rises, especially as citizens have to face groceries etc.
These are things that I honestly think should be brought to the table for discussion. Now if this meeting is going to produce fruits it is important that the right attitude be adopted; it is not a forum for the blame game. Let there be mutual respect and listening to each other’s point of view.
Let us face it, at the end of the day we are looking for solutions to the country’s issues. That is what matters. So leaders, make this a fruitful meeting so that T&T can move forward in a positive light.
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff.
Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User profiles registered through fake social media accounts may be deleted without notice.